Thursday 19 July 2007

Website Traffic? Where is it and how do you get it?

If you have done your research you would surely be an expert at website traffic by now. There is definately no shortage of articles on the internet about this subject. They basically all say the same thing. Search engine optimisation, write articles, have lots of content, pay per click and more. Bla Bla Bla. Does any of these ideas actually work?

Here is a detailed description of my experiences with trying to generate traffic.

I first started by selling on Ebay which turned into a great instant business. I continually researched how to sell my products and it all finally came to me. The switch turned on and everything I sold made great proffits, and I sold 100% of what I listed.

Ebay alone was producing traffic for me but it had no where to go. I decided to start my first webpage.
ComputerHowTo Then I created an About Me Page and directed the traffic to my website. I get between 100 and 150 hits a day from Ebay alone.

With all my sucess with Ebay, I decided to write an E-book
The original purpose of this e-book was to put links in it and get people to my site, however I haven't sold enough copies yet. The competiton is all outdated information with resell rights and is sold very cheap.

I also wrote articles and posted them all over the web. People reproduced them on their sites and now they are everywhere!!! But this didn't do much in the way of traffic. Infact it probably wasn't worth the effort at all. Maybe the traffic hasn't reached me yet. You can see how my articles were reproduced by googling my name Mitz Pantic or Milica Pantic.

I have also posted in forums. If you post certain keyword subjects they are great for coming up in google but then the person has to go and visit your site. Thats a long trail to follow. But I have put my link out there and thats what we are meant to do.

Search Engine Optismiation (SEO) is a diificult thing to work out but I am getting there. However I would like to show up when people type in FREE COMPUTER HELP but I haven't achieved that yet. If anyone can help me do this
Contact me..

I signed up for
Linkreferral which turned out to be pretty good. You sign up for free and then you have to visit 30 sites, write reviews for 5 and put 1 post in the forum. If you do this your site is ranked higher on the list and more people visit and review your site. I have met others with websites here, and sometimes we help each other.

If you are after traffic for your site, go to Linkreferral. It really works and its FREE

I am always adding content to my website. Original how to's and articles that I have writen myself. When people come to my website I want them to find some useful information and then maybe they will come back again. This works for me.

I have also formed partnerships with other site owners. You could call it link partners. This is also starting to work for me. Here is one of my partners sites http://www.supportgeeks.info/ For instant online computer repair.


The moral of this article is probably to just stick at it and don't give up. I will continue will all of the above even though the results are not always obvious to me.

If you have any traffic ideas that you use, let us know..

At the moment my traffic is 1000+ visitors per week.

UPDATE: My original site has been sold and is now renamed http://tips4pc.com/




1 comments:

dankalia said...

i see your blog have good advice and solution of computer basic and hardware.